Frammersbach is a market community in the Main-Spessart district in the Regierungsbezirk of Lower Franconia (Unterfranken) in Bavaria, Germany.
There has been the odd find from the Stone Age, the Bronze Age and the Iron Age. The locality was systematically settled at the time when the Franks took the land. The old tithe court of Frammersbach belonged to the Catholic parish of Lohrhaupten. In 1339, Frammersbach had its first documentary mention, and in 1553 it transferred to the Evangelical Church, only to return to the Catholic fold in 1605. A window on the formerly important waggoners’ village is found in the Sechserbuch – a book mainly about Frammersbach’s Feldgeschworene, the traditional boundary keepers who decided where the community’s limits were and were charged with marking them – which describes the state of affairs in a Spessart community in the waning years of the Middle Ages and the onset of the modern era, in particular the records of the village court’s rulings between 1572 and 1764. The former Electoral Mainz Amt passed along with the village in the 1803 Reichsdeputationshauptschluss to Prince Primate von Dalberg’s newly formed Principality of Aschaffenburg, with which it passed in 1814 (by this time it had become a department of the Grand Duchy of Frankfurt) to Bavaria under the terms of the Treaties of Paris. In the 20th century, home tailoring became an important industry in Frammersbach, as did Alfons Müller-Wipperfürth’s clothing factory after the Second World War.
In 1975 came the amalgamation of Habichsthal. The main community itself comprises the Ortsteile of Herbertshain, Frammersbach, Hofreith and Schwartel.